Friday, September 5, 2008

Obama, Paris, Palin?

Today while I was in the bookstore I saw a copy of US magazine. What caught my eye was that on the cover was vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her baby, the title of the issue was Babies Lies and Scandals. I did not look through the magazine so I can not describe the content. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I have to wonder just how hypocritical can the republicans get? They launched a political ad against Obama saying that he's just a celebrity and even compared him to Paris Hilton, and yet now their vice presidential candidate is on the cover of a popular celebrity gossip magazine?! Of course that not the only contradiction, throughout his campaign McCain has called Obama out for being too young and too inexperienced to be able to be president, and yet his vice presidential candidate Palin isn't much better. It could be argued that Palin is only running for vice president, but with McCain being in his seventies and having had cancer twice, it is definatly important that we have a vice president that is ready to fulfil all presidential duties from day one.

No comments: