Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where are they getting this?

I was looking on youtube and I came across this great clip from NBC. In the clip it said that studies had shown that 83% of 18-29 year oldCheck Spellings get most of their political information from The Daily Show, and other similar political satires. The clip included an interview with John Stewart the host of the daily show on his increasing "Political Pull." I thought that was so interesting. What dose it say about young Americans that we are looking to pure entertainment shows to get important political information, as appose to a New station? Do Americans find the information more reliable? Personally, at times I feel like all the information on the presidential campaigns, such as interviews and speeches, feel so fake, and "scripted" that there isn't much of a difference. Of course I'm not saying that people should rely solely on programmes like The Daily Show for information, I'm just saying that it's nice to hear someone point out the stupidity. I also think that people appreciate the humor, and simplicity of the information they are being given. It can get pretty boring listening to all those long speeches and interviews, and shows like The Daily show offer simplified, and more comical versions that are appealing to younger viewers.

No comments: